Melanie grew up in Eastchester, New York. She was a gymnast from the age of 9 and served as captain of the EHS team for two years. She worked at the town’s gymnastics camp from the time she was 13 until she went away to college. Strength and conditioning of the campers and of her teammates was her forte and the beginning of her career in the fitness industry.
Upon graduating with a B.S. in Therapeutic Recreation from Springfield College in 1981, Melanie became a manager for a large national health club chain and lived throughout northeast. After moving to New Hampshire in 1984, Melanie decided that after years of training clients in fitness centers, she wanted to bring the “personal” into personal training by working in private homes and a personal training studio.
Melanie instructed courses in Exercise Science at Manchester Community College in New Hampshire. She has mentored hundreds of fitness professionals and continues to share her experience with those in the industry. In 2017, she decided to leave the cold behind and move south to enjoy year round outdoor living. Leaving her clients after 33 years in New Hampshire was a tough decision to make but now she brings that same passion for supporting clients in achieving their fitness goals to Hilton Head.
- Master of Science, Exercise Science and Health Promotion
Concentration: Fitness and Wellness
Presidential Scholar Award
California University of Pennsylvania, 2017
- Bachelors of Science, Therapeutic Recreation
Business Administration minor
Springfield College, 1981
- National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM) - Certified Personal Trainer
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) - Certified Personal Trainer
- Athletics and Fitness Association of America (AFAA) –Certified Group Exercise Instructor
- American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM) - Certified Group Exercise Leader
- Orthopedic Exercise Specialist - American Council On Exercise (ACE)
- Medical Exercise Specialist- American Council On Exercise (ACE)
- Functional Movement System
- Heartsaver First Aid CPR AED - American Heart Association
- Medical Fitness Network- Professional Member
"Let fitness be a part of who you are and not just what you do." - MDL